Monday, May 19, 2014

1920s Makeup Pictorial

A quick note that I will be doing Pictorials of requested makeup looks every Wednesday! I am very excited to do this so please let me know what your request is!
For this look I recreated 1920's makeup! Dark smokey eyes, Dark lips and flushed cheeks. You can deffiantly darken the eyes a lot more but I tried to make its bit more wearable. If you want to know how to do this just keep reading!

First Step
First off start with a clean base, you can apply a primer or natural colored eyeshadow base but today I just used a little bit of my foundation to even out the eye lid. 
I then applied MAC eyeshadow in Satin Taupe using a large flat shader brush all over the lid not going above the crease
I then using my large fluffy blending brush applied MAC eyeshadow in Shale blending that into my crease focusing more on the outer part of the lid.


Second Step
 I then applied my e.l.f mineral eyeshadow in Socialite with a medium flat shader brush, applying that very close to my lash line and blending it up towards the crease, but not going into the crease.
Try making it fade off, keeping it darker at the lash line. Also run that lightly on the bottom lash line.
Third Step
 I then tight lined my top lash line with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean. You can tight line the bottom but I chose not to.
I also then applied this on my top lash line not going to far into the inner corner and don't worry if it's messy. I then grabbed a smudger brush and blended that the same with what I did with the mineral shadow blending that up but not as far up. 
Also whatever is left on the brush run that under the bottom lash line
Fourth Step
 I then went on to complete my base. I applied Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation with my Real Techniques Sponge and patted my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer under my eyes with my finger. I then applied my e.l.f under eye setting powder with the Real Techniques setting brush and my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to set my whole face with a large fluffy brush.
I then did a light contour with Benefit Hoola and a small angled contour brush and then applied e.l.f studio blush in Pink Passion with a stippling brush focusing on the apples on the cheek for a flushed look
Fifth Step
I then filled in my brows with the essence eyebrow kit and an angled brush, and applied my essence Lash Mania mascara. 
I applied 2 coats of this.
Sixth Step
I didn't apply a lip pencil but you defiantly can!
I went in with a flat eyeliner brush, to get that perfect point to my lips and a perfect line around the lips. I used a lipstick in my Ben Nye palette called Sangria
Final look!

 I really hope you liked this look! If you have any questions or request please contact me as I'd love to hear from you!  Or visit my Instagram @aprilleebeautyx. Or do you want to see more then one of these a week?
Stay tuned for next weeks Makeup Pictorial! 
 Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment