Thursday, May 22, 2014

1960's Makeup Pictorial!

Here are some closeups of the look I will be doing for you today.
This is a collaboration with my good friend Holly, I will leave all of her details at the end of this post so you can go check out her blog and see the 1940's look she created for the collab!
As the title of this post says it's a 1960's makeup pictorial, I was mostly inspired by Twiggy's look but also inspired by Jessica Marais makeup from the the TV show Love Child 
.
Step 1
I had already completed my base and brows, which I will list at the end of the post. 
The first step I did on the eyes was take 'Strange' from the Naked3 Palette and apply that all over the lip and up past the crease which the Real Techniques setting brush.


Step 2
I then started straight on the cut crease. I went in with 'Darkside' from the Naked3 Palette with a small smudger/ dome brush. I focused it in the crease and blending it just above the socket. 
I started in the middle of the crease and worked it into the inner corner going down as far as you can, I then started working it towards the outer corner finishing where the lid stops. 
I then went in with a thin blending brush and blended that very softly not wanting to fade any color.

Step 3
I then used the same brush and took 'Blackheart' from the Naked3 palette and darkened up the cut crease, blending it in with the same brush also. 
I then took 'Strange' again and applied in all over the lid below the line I created packing it on so the color really shows up.

Step 4
Taking 'Blackheart' again this time on a angled brush I pushed that into my tighline. I then created a small wing and ran it along my top lash line keeping it thinner towards the inner corner. 
I then applied it on my bottom lash line.

Step 5
I then tight lined my bottom lash line with NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk. 
Then taking my Maybelline eye pencil I drew faint lines on my bottom lash line creating the effect on thicker lashes. I then applied my Essence Lash Mania mascara packing in on the bottom lashes
I then applied these false lashes I got from Daiso. 


Step 6
I then blanked out my lips with a small bit of foundation and applied elf matte lip color in Nearly Nude. 
You can defiantly apply a gloss, but I thought the matte look suited better.

Step 7
This is all I applied to my face. 

Final Look


I really hope you liked this look! 
Don't forget to check out Holly's channel by clinking in this link below! 
Please if you have any requests let me know! Until next time

2 comments: